3 - 85 - 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I started with an incredibly passionate sex life. I was ecstatic to finally be with someone to live out my fantasies with. It was very short live. Our honeymoon seemed to end (unfairly) not even 6 months in. We're about to hit 4 years in Feb and not sure how we've stuck it out. At times I'm like wow, I really can't believe we're still together and other times like yeah! I KNEW we could do it! For about 2 years now he's lost interest almost entirely in me. Seemingly. We're down to having sex maybe once a week and I have to initiate or make it a point to hint to budget it into our tightly budgeted schedule. Weekday sex is a rarity and he never once rolled over in the night and tapped on the door to come in. Never.

He doesn't ever come to me for sex or express horniness though he enjoys sex when we do it. Or acts like it. But 100% if he's at home for any given time without me, if I check for evidence of arousal I find it. Horny but just not for me? He's 54 I'm 35.

Justine - 35yo - level 1

Your reaction:

Reactions (3)

3 weeks ago

I have to say it's the age. My husband is 57. And I don't remember the last time he even wanted sex. I guess with me. I've done everything to peak his interest and nothing. I thought loosing almost 40 pounds he would look differently at me. I can surely say. And they wonder why we switch teams.

Carolann - 55yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

What about in other areas? Do you guys get along? Interact? Go out? Or just live separate lives?

Dawn - 44yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

If you find out how to fix it let me know. Similar situation but we’re down to once a month. When I bring it up she dismisses my concerns as it simply being about sex and nothing more. Which leads to fights and me feeling more and more rejected and worthless. So good luck. Hopefully you figure it out before all your self confidence has gone.

Jimmy - level 8 -
Add a comment Send