2 - 174 - 6 months ago

If you were in a serious relationship and understood the fact everyone has a past but believe that's where it should stay. Your significant other has been in many threesomes dated someone that would punish her by making her fuck his friends and talks about how she liked it. But you're not into that and I understand the past is the past. But they keep a box full of photos etc of those experiences and refers to them as fun exciting memories you bring up how much this upsets you and would prefer they get rid of this box but they refuse they barely talk to the ex and try to assure you that's in the past and only want you and nobody else but you cant stop thinking or focused on this box and want it gone what would you think it how would you react?

Matt - 36yo - level 17

Your reaction:

Reactions (2)

3 months ago

A strong standing relationship is built on connection and communication. I would honestly sit her down and explain the exact reasons why this box is so hurtful to you. Some people don't fully grasp the amount of harm they are doing until you sit them down and look straight in the eyes of it. Let her know how it hurts you and that if it were destroyed would give you some peace of mind whereas now it's a reminder of her being disrespectful or whatever you may be feeling. So often we are ignorant to the core of why someone feels a way and we don't think to ask. Approach her and let her know where you stand on the issue with no distractions.

I do not like when my hubs brings up his past involving anyone therefore I can understand how proof of the past would be triple as painful for you. I wish you the best and hope she can see your views on this clearly.

Melissa - 27yo - level 22 -
3 months ago

Disrespected*

Melissa - 27yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

If it's important to you, and she acknowledges that, then the box should go. Just don't let insecurity creep into your relationship

Jennifer - level 11 -
Add a comment Send

Trending discussions

Recent discussions