32 - 367 - 2 months ago

Any ideas for last minute Mother's Day gift for my wife? It is her first Mother's Day so I wanted it to be a little special.. Thanks!!

Julien - 39yo - in a relationship for 5 years - 1 - San Francisco, United States - level 33

Your reaction:

Reactions (32)

2 months ago

Kudos to you for even asking this question!!

I hope it goes well whatever you decide!
Ideas:

Pay for her to have a Spa day with her and one of her friends- if she’s likes things like that. She gets quality time AND relaxation from all the hard work she probably does. This can be given tomorrow but planned for another day when both ladies can make it.

Or if she’s more acts of service love language maybe she’d really enjoy someone coming to clean her whole house. Like bathrooms, kitchen, laundry- everything!

Or a pair of studd earrings- I notice as I become more busy with life I wear more and more easy pairs of studd earrings. So when I have a nice pair that I really love it that was a gift, I remember the love behind the gift every time I wear them. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

But also yes to the sleep!! Being able to sleep in is always a gift as a mom!

Camille - 30yo - level 21 -
2 months ago

Sal - 62yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Any time to herself is appreciated. Maybe a spa day while you cook and clean the house? I would give my left arm to have a day to relax and be pampered!

Debbie - 37yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

I say a spa day or a free day would probably be what she is most wanting/needing

Chad - 37yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Run to cvs or Walmart and print picture showing her pregnancy progression to then the baby’s birth, place these in a scrapbook and write loving things on pieces of paper on each page reminding her of how you met and why you love her.

Gabriela - 19yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Give her the day off. Let her wake up with breakfast on bed, daily chores done along with lunch. Take her for a dinner date. Tell her how beautiful she is and how wonderful mom she is.

Anahatha - 25yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Something practical is always good. On top of giving her a good day off to just relax, cook dinner, make her breakfast, etc.

Roar - 26yo - level 1 -
2 months ago

Love practical! And if you decide to cook her anything, cleaning up the mess in the kitchen afterward is a must!

Camille - 30yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Your baby's hand or foot prints easy and cheep plus supper sentimental

Justin - 24yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Take over all her responsibilities for the day: assume all care for the baby, meals, house upkeep, etc, and send her off by herself for a breather: coffee, pedicure, etc. Most new moms are overwhelmed with responsibilities. Make sure the house is at least decent at the end of the day, too! If she would prefer to do something together, take a walk to a park or a hike and take pictures. But still, assume as much of life’s responsibilities for the day as you can.

Laura - 39yo - level 32 -
2 months ago

Ditto. Let her have one day without the worries or chores of being a mother! You do it all!

Lisa - 55yo - level 40 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

take the little one off earily in the morning to let her sleep in. when your out have the babe help you find a gift for her. then go home and tell her that named child told you they must get this for mommy. like you had no plan to but the baby told you to.

tim - 41yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Give her the chance to sleep in!
Or do something cute with your child, like others said: paint feet/hands, do a photoshoot,...

Sem - 30yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Hi,.how nice to hear that you want to make this day special for her. My husband said that he is not my son so I should not expect gifts :(. Anyway what you can do is but a mothers day card, paint tour baby's feet with a bit of (baby safe) paint (or use beetroot juice) and make imprints of the feet on the card. :) good luck!

Anna - 37yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Out to dinner. Cuddle up on couch and watch movies

Angela - 39yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

A birthstone bracelet with her child's birthstone along with a day for her to rest and go to a spa.

Natasha - 28yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Something that will last forever!! Something that she can remember her 1st mothers day.

Little Princess - 28yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Clean the house for her ... Trust me! Ask or help the children make her something from the heart. Give her a massage. Flowers with which ever give you all give her. Happy mother's day to her...😍

Laura - 34yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

A personal gift with the child’s hand print or foot print (do it on a small canvas from Walmart) you could make them look like flowers and put a quote like “your love helps me bloom”

Cook her favorite dinner
Flowers and her favorite candy
Book her a massage
Book her a mani pedi

Pandora bracelet
Birthstone of your child in a ring or necklace

Paige - 24yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

A new blanket and a bottle of wine or gourmet hot chocolate to cuddle up with you while the baby is at the sitter.

Gloria - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Flowers, First time mother's day card, and a breakfast in bed.

Melody - 38yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Should've started planning a while ago is my advice!

Beth - 33yo - level 41 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Make a molding of you holding the babys hand in your hand and then use plaster to make a statue for her! And maybe let her sleep in and wake her with flowers,

Evie - 48yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Well, a few different suggestions here. If your wife is into the techs, a bunch of gadgets are still on sale, maybe not all that useful tho. If she likes to read, then the new Kindle might be something to consider, it's light, conveinent, and it's well designed, and it's $40 off (https://amzn.to/2E5B8BP). If she likes having freshly brewed coffee in the morning but was never quite convinced of the cost, then maybe the time has finally came. The single-serve coffee, Nespresso machine comes with varies designs, and it's 50% off (https://thd.co/2VdzVhD). If you wish to find more tech deals, you can find them here (https://bit.ly/2LAoT6C)

Now, enough with the all that deals. If you want to get your wife flowers, you can always pick them up from the boutique local shops, or, you can select them here and get it delivered overnight. (https://bit.ly/2w0WewZ). And if you feel like preparing a special dinner for your well-deserved wife, you can either do it the old way, deciding what to cook and getting everything yourself (these ideas might help you https://nyti.ms/2JAPFcq), or you could seek help from the chefs of HelloFresh or Blue Apron (https://bit.ly/2Q159aL). If you knew your wife is longing for a taste of romance, then it maybe a bit late to make any reservations, but it doesn't hurt to try (https://www.opentable.com/). If you have the time, and want to do some DIY, let it be knitting, sewing or making paper crafts, this could give you some ideas (https://bit.ly/2Jf6gmv).

Good luck with this Mother's day!

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Anything really or a picture frame the thought is what counts my friend

Justin - 26yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

A day of pampering

MESHMESH - 38yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

A pedicure or massage

Jasmine - 26yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Pampering time, time where she can relax and have some alone time.

Tara - 42yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Breakfast in bed, take care of the little one so she can have some time to sleep in, maybe some bath bombs or face masks to pamper herself (or a gift certificate to a spa if you can afford it), and maybe something to commemorate her first mother’s day (picture frame that says first mother’s day with picture of mom and baby, footprints/handprints, etc.)

Jenny - 33yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Dildo

Melanye - 40yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

I’d say the baby footprint our something along those lines is fun! That would be a really nice gift with like: happy first mother’s day. Also: breakfast in bed is the best! Give her that and maybe like a groupon for a massage, something to treat herself. The first year of motherhood is hard!

Jillana - 26yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

A gift card to her favorite restaurant or nearby spa.

Duane - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Fancy chocolate, headphones, little statue, backpack, wallet, fancy hand soap, spa day, collection of books, flip-flops, flowers etc!

Luiza - 25yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Family rings or necklaces are a popular and endearing mothers day gift it carries the birthstone of mom, dad, and the child or children. Even something that says mom on it. Not an every year type gift.

Laura - 23yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Saree

Tiru Sameer - 28yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: