18 - 476 - 3 weeks ago

Currently contemplating a destination wedding instead of a local wedding. Does anyone have any insight or experience or advice with those?

Elena - 22yo - level 13

Your reaction:

Reactions (18)

3 weeks ago

We loved our destination wedding because we wanted a SMALL wedding with just those closest to us, not a big show. We still had a reception back home so everyone could celebrate with us but it was just at someone's house with finger foods and cake - the way a bridal shower is generally done. It was way less expensive and stressful but also let us have an intimate wedding then after the honeymoon celebrate with all our friends! It was great!

Kendall - 31yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

If i got a redo a def do a destantion wedding hands down .less stressful less formal .and prob save money to .u cant find great deals if u look hard enough n plan .and u know when people pay ahead for vac they will show up ! Can always do a reception low key when u return like a simple cook out if u dont have space find a nice park n reserve a covered eating area play games ect .

Andrea - 47yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

When we were married, we compared both and our biggest issue was how many people we wanted to be present with us for the experience. - "the experience" being the operative word - not ceremony, because a destination wedding might allow less to attend, but it allows more than just the wedding to be shared with those most dear. Everyone will recommend price comparison and inclusive VS exclusive packages, but with today's market and variety of options, prices can be made similar depending upon flexibility of wants and needs. With that, it all came back to the number of people, how much we wanted to share, and how much alone vs shared time we desired.
Hope this helps.
What are the factors you are considering? How long in advance are you planning? What was the wedding of your dreams when you were small? What parts of your dream would you like to still be part of your big day? Do religious or cultural customs factor into your ceremony? Is budget important? - strictly or flexibly? These are all additional factors my husband and I considered.
We finally focused on what our wedding meant to us and what it symbolized to us - how much it meant what it communicated to others...
We budgeted strictly and cut our guest list down to only those dearest for our religious ceremony on the water, but a budget friendly more open guest list fun evening garden wedding as well. Sometimes it's hard to only chose one.
What do you want to do?

Andi - 46yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

Not really

Kathrine Isaac - 34yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

Yes

Jayla - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

Sandals resort

Shana - 41yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

1st if you are in debt pay them off! If you have the money go someplace neither one has been before.

Billy - 59yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

Love our destination wedding. You should definitely hire a wedding coordinator and I would strongly recommend Puerto Rico as your destination. It was cheap and fun plus it is a US territory so plane tickets are cheap but is still feels like a foreign destination.

Emmanuel - 32yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

My wedding was planned for my husband,the preacher, and my sister to give me away ,needless to say the church was full and the reception was GREAT. MONEY SAVED..

Tomika - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

Go to Greece. The best wedding destination.

Kostakis - 26yo - level 34 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

My husband and I had a destination wedding, it was amazing and I would not change a thing about. Your wedding is about what u and yr future husband or wife want not what anyone else thinks about it or who can be there and who can't be there. Your wedding is the one day you can and are supposed to be selfish!!! I became a travel agent started my own business because of my wedding and I absolutely love my job now!! Skys The Limit Travel, LLC in Massachusetts, Also depending on what you want a destination wedding can be alot cheaper 🥰 Congratulations on your engagement 😍

Christie - 33yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
2 weeks ago

Destination weddings are pretentious and selfish. Do something small and local so people can attend, and then go away on a honeymoon on your own.

Brad - 41yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

Do not be offended if your guests cannot afford to attend your destination wedding

Siouxzie - 45yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

Always consider the health and budget of your guests. Many people won't be able to attend due to health or financial issues.

Danielle - 57yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

Thailand

Nancy - 44yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

I say go with what your heart says.

Kelsey - 22yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

Where would be your dream wedding destination(s) ?

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
3 weeks ago

Some where on a beach would be nice

Latasha - 30yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction:

Trending discussions

Recent discussions