20 - 540 - 3 months ago

How do I stop Insecure feelings

Jye todd - 20yo - level 15

Your reaction:

Reactions (20)

3 months ago

Personally, I feel insecure when I don't know what I'm doing, essentially when I start filling my head with questions I can't answer. Is this the right time? Is this the right person? What if any of us change our mind? What if we break up? I just kept on thinking, and the more I think, the more I question. Then I realised, I'm not the only one who asks these questions, more importantly, I realised that no one really know the answers. We are all just trying out best to do what we believe will make us happy, we all have to take this leap of faith, do what we can and leave the rest to things we can't understand. Once I accepted that, I naturally thought less about these unknowns, I simply care more about what is happening now, instead if things I can't do anything about. With that been said, I don't think you can force yourself to stop these feelings, but you can certainly try to understand them, understand why you feel the way you do, and perhaps discuss it with someone. Hopefully, it becomes an opportunity for you to move on.

Heng - level 8 -
2 months ago

i totally agree with Heng! very true in my experience.

celly - 33yo - level 21 -
2 months ago

It's definitely easier to talk with hindsight, it was hard back then, and it took some time.

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

I think trust is the base of any relationship. Your partner should feel as trusted as you wish to be, so my advice would be to show you trust your partner and show you can be trusted as well with actions, not just words.

Ana - 21yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Open, honest communication with your partner. Why are you feeling insecure, there has got to be a reason. Talk to your partner. Insecurity usually comes from not fully trusting one another. Figure out why you are untrusting and communicate with your partner, there should be no hostility.

Crystal - 50yo - level 39 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Adress what is making you feel so insecure..

Nicole Onesti - 38yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Positive self talk and also reading other people's stories about their insecurities. I think we would all be surprised by how fearful and insecure some of the most revered people in history were and yet they fought through it to make something of themselves and to help others out.

Duane - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

I just do shit that makes me feel good about myself

Kimberleigh - 21yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Remember tha tag whatever you are insecure about isn't the one thing that defines you or your partner. You are both more than one aspect. There are so many parts that go into a relationship so try not to put too much value all into one thing. Of course talk about what you need to, but don't feel like you are doomed just because of one thing. With time, effort, love, and honesty, the things you are feeling insecure about will begin to fade as you two work through things and figure out how to navigate the not so great parts of a relationship.

Lydia - 23yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Focus on the good. Any type of insecurities: jealousy, self confidence, etc. can be hard to overcome and it takes work, but just try to actively focus on the good aspects of whatever it is. Whenever you find yourself thinking about things and feeling those insecurities, look for the positive and actively work to change your thoughts

Devan - 21yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Open and honest communication

Jason - 42yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

by acceptance. train it, little by little, one step at a time. be true to yourself, nobody's perfect.

Denis - 31yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Building trust takes time and they slowly go away this won't happen overnight it takes a lot of work. Answering your phone when they call. Letting them know where and how long you will be out. And spending a lot of time together to build trust. I hope this helps you. It helped me

Matthew - 34yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Think positive thoughts

Virginia - 34yo - level 35 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

you can't just feel it and try to pinpoint why you are feeling insecure.

Hiram - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

I will talk them out with you

Shi - 31yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Part of it will get better as you get older. Funding someone to talk to helps. I am a big believer in counseling. Support groups are great too. Also, remember that you are not alone in your feelings, everyone has these types of emotions.

Cyndi - 38yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

You just have to trust them. And if you don't is it because something they have done??? If not. Innocent until proven guilty. Also maybe talk about you feelings to him/her.

Savannah - 20yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

Trust and believe the other half

DP - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

You can't. I know it's hard to face but our emotions happen wether we like it or not, the only thing we can do is talk about it and be constructive, with a little work those feelings can go away on their own.

Ryan - 26yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

feelings are temporary. you can't let yourself live in the insecurity. i struggle with this as well, but if i find it too hard to shake, i confide in someone i can trust (be it a friend or my partner). they don't need to try to remedy how you feel, just listen and support.

Rebecca - 26yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
2 months ago

You don’t Feelings come and go, you must do your best to understand where it’s coming from and shed those feelings and understand that’s feelings are temporary. Have something you can do in place of feeling like that. Be creative you are the same great person you are moments before those feelings started to affect and you will be the same great person after the feeling go away or subside

Philllip Greene - 30yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: