23 - 480 - 1 month ago

How did your relationship change when kids are involved?

Woody - level 1

Your reaction:

Reactions (23)

1 month ago

More stress, less sleep, less alone time .

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

It becomes an obligation. Whoever cares the most makes the most sacrifice. Trying not to care only make your kids suffer. You better be sure u can deal with your partners worst cause you will have to one day.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Two words... cock blocks. 🤨

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

I gained weight, lost sleep, our relationship struggled. But we are making progress in finding our strengths.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

It’s not about you two anymore - it draws you together but changes the carefree romance. You have to work at the romance to ensure it doesn’t disappear

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

I feel like I'm the only one here who feels the relationship was enhanced by the addition of children...We've always been each other's rock and it's a benefit when dealing with our kids. They get to see how two happy adults should act around each other, can't ask for much more.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Realized I chose the wrong man to be a father of my children. And learned the man won't change if he doesn't want to. A lazy husband is a lazy dad.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Neither of us wanted kids and not giving in to the social pressure to have them anyway was the best decision we ever made. We'd have made terrible parents anyway.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Less alone time,

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

It makes most people more mature and become more responsible. You would give up the crazy club nights for changing diapers, feeding, bathing and putting the kids to sleep and be satisfied with just that.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Our relationship changed Very dramatically. I instantly felt unimportant and felt my needs took a back seat to my wife’s needs and my daughters needs. I have always considered myself a giver, so on the outside I tried to play it off that it was no bother, but deep down it hurt a little. Even 6 years later I still feel that my wants and needs are not that important. I feel it’s important to stick up for your own needs, but I have failed to do so personally. Don’t go along for the ride, let your wants and needs be known.

1 month ago

I don't kids but that's something I will about with my partner. Pretty scary since I am a giver and can't ever say no.

Madgscherly - 25yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Nice

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

It brought the kids in us out and we learned we worked well as a team. But our lives definitely became more challenging due to more responsibilities. It can definitely test a relationship.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

It means less time together. Have to think about performing moments of intimacy in less open ways

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Tired! Less patience for anything else, especially emotional issues after riding their rollercoaster all day. Feeling like I'm seen as a mom and not a woman, and feeling like I need to be a totally different person. Needing more from my husband when hes tired too. But also feeling more fulfilled than ever and exploding with love when they do anything cute

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

We have never been without kids. We both have kids from previous relationships. Now we have a grandson. Blending families can be difficult but we do our best to make alone time.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

They caused us to be more responsible and less carefree with things like our time and money. However, my husband does a great job of making our relationship a priority while ensuring the kids have what they want and need.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Less sex, more stress, much joy from the little ones.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Honestly it changes a whole lot. You give up doing things you love doing and get to enjoy doing things that makes your kids happy... it's really a great feeling seeing that big smile on your kids face... I like sharing my childhood favorites with my kids. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Been involved since day one. I have one he has two. It’s been quite a struggle and stesser in our relationship. Especially when the kids are teens and definitely at a challenging age.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

There was really no time for "us" anymore.. All our time went on our kids. But after kids went to bed then it was on n popping..

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

Life slows down and the party ends and it's time to grow up and be an adult. But kids are amazing I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

Add a comment Send
1 month ago

All we talk about is the kids during date night.

Add a comment Send

Your reaction: