22 - 401 - 1 year ago

My wife loves Harry Potter... I cannot do it any more.. if I hear one more quidditch reference I think I’m going to lose it...
what do I do...?

Jason - 36yo - level 27

Your reaction:

Reactions (22)

1 year ago

Tough one. My wife gets into a lot of new things that I don’t really care about... but eventually find some way to enjoy. What I’ve found out is that it isn’t necessarily the subject that she gets into, but the “hanging out” with her that I like. If she’s having fun with it... even if I think it’s stupid... I end up having a good time anyway, just hanging out with her while she’s laughing and having fun.

I guess, I’d say to either find some way to have fun with it, or endure it while trying to find her something else to get into.

Michael - 44yo - level 39 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Call her a Hufflepuff

Ben - 32yo - level 47 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Does she have sex with you? Yes? If so then you will continue to Don the magic Robes for as long as it takes.

No seriously it's all about a bit of what you like, a bit of what she likes and a bit of what you both like.

David - 41yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Are you saying she's not a KEEPER? (sorry. I had to)

Have you given it a try? Watching the movies or reading the books? Luckily, my guy and I are both obsessed but I'd be sad of he told me something that I love and makes me happy annoys him. I'd solemely swear that he's up to no good.

Claudia - 32yo - level 25 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Be open about your choices and preferences and respect hers. You need to communicate to her that it's fine we both don't have common interests but what matters is we both love each other.

Ankita - 26yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Just find ways to make it fun for you she uses quips quip back at her u never know

Sean - 28yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

You support her love for HP. I'm sure she supports yours in basketball, football ect.

Amber - 34yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Continue on. You probably have something she can't stand.

Sarah - 34yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Tell her like my wife would tell me that she didn't want to hear about it anymore at least that's what she told me about the Saints Rams debacle where my Saints got robbed of the Super Bowl appearance it's probably the most passionate thing in my life beside her and she told me to shut up about it

Michael - 43yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Why do you hate joy?

Mia - 39yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Do U LOVE HER??!!

Charri - 45yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Maybe she won't understand how you feel until she feels the same...

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I kinda agree with what people are saying I mean not all girls know about sports and while your there going damn we down a touchdown a field goal she looking at you like what the hell you talking about!!! Honestly my girlfriend is into shrek like when I say she’s into it. I MEAN SHE CAN QUOTE THE WHOLE DAMN MOVIE TRUST ME I HAVE HAD IT HAPPEN MORE THAN ONCE. But that’s my baby and I love it cause we go back forth saying shrek quotes.

Aaron - 26yo - level 25 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Cosplay and then binge watch the series with copious amounts of wine

Antonio Zaleski - 32yo - level 25 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

You just got to say that you need to not hear about it again

Jacqueline - 24yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Stop being such a grumpy kid and let her enjoy her own stuff. I'm sure you love something she doesn't like too.

Gabriela - 23yo - level 34 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Put up with it ?

Gar - 17yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Just talk abut this with her, being respectful about her passion and maybe try some ting else that you both enjoy.

roberto - 25yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

If she's using it in a serious conversation, then you should let her know that you can't take her seriously. If she's using it as a joke, just chuckle and keep it moving like you do with people who tell jokes that aren't funny. If it just really bothers you that much, tell her how you feel before you do blow a gasket.

Mark - 29yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Just tell her your over it. You respect who she is and the things you like but that tired of walking around in a Harry Potter themed movie and you would like to explore other interest that she may have or that y'all may have mutually.

anonymous - 39yo - level 25 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Be gentle with how you break the news. If H.P is important to her, it might hurt a little to learn that it's no longer, or never has been a common interest. Hopefully she'll come to appreciate how you gave it the old college try.

Nick - 39yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Just say it.
Maybe she does not realize that it bothers you.

Julia - 25yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction:

Trending discussions

Recent discussions