18 - 560 - 5 months ago

What is the difference between a couples' life before and after getting married?

Tutu - 23yo - level 8

Your reaction:

Reactions (18)

5 months ago

There is a piece of paper after getting married

Jennifer - 31yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

It depends on your thoughts on marriage. To us, marriage is forever. It means fighting together through the hard stuff and always putting each other first. I’m not saying that people who aren’t married can’t feel that way too, there is just a different level of security and commitment, in my mind. And then if you throw kids in the mix, all of that heightens again.

Samantha - 31yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

Nothing a title and paper work

McLegend - 33yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

It is very dependent on the dynamic prior to marriage, honestly. When I was married, the dynamic didn’t really change much, but I know several people where things changed drastically. It might help knowing how things are now

Carl - 34yo - level 48 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

For us ,only the ring. We had a strong relationship,now we have an even stronger Marriage.

Julia - 25yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

A piece of paper.....

Roger - 58yo - level 31 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

I don't think it's the same for everyone, but when the "honeymoon" phase is over its time to get to work. Speaking for myself, I had to change my mindset and start thinking as a team instead of an individual. All of my decisions didn't just affect me, but my wife as well.

Pete - 44yo - level 39 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

There is a unconscious change that takes place to put emphasis on what society says a marriage should be. If there is to be no change the two must have the mindset that how they are is the way that they must be.

Jason - 32yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

Before you are married you can break up. Once you're married you're in it for better or for worse. It's not easy but it's worth the work for the right person.

Ethan - 28yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

It is really about what you have to begin with, as in how much value is put on the union, how much compatibility is there, how much trust, how much loyalty, how much sacrifice, how much mutual adoration. If the right peices are in place already, then marriage could only make the bond stronger and more meaningful.
If its just the idea of marriage that your fond of and jumping into it too quickly, thinking the cupcake phase will last forever then your going to be disappointed most likely because the one thing marriage will definitely do is make things real.

Sean - 47yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

The amount of love they share

Cornelius - 23yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

Different taxes and papers

Sarah - 34yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

We should be equal

Amber - 42yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

More intimate. With effort and selflessness, it grows sweeter with time!

Natalie - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

The amount of responsibility and commitment increases.

Yesenia - 35yo - level 38 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

Nothing but status and government sanctioned security of your commitment. Nobody believes in marriage obligations anymore or gender roles.

Glenn - 38yo - level 2 -
5 months ago

Please don't speak for everyone else. This is your opinion.

Lydia Tefft - 26yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

Freedom.

christopher - 41yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

If you were living together beforehand, not much. And by that I mean nothing at all. However, if both of you are young, other people might feel more like your relationship is more "serious".

Teena - 25yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: