72 - 575 - 7 months ago

When your in love does it matter how much money you spend on each other.

Daniel - level 3

Your reaction:

Reactions (72)

6 months ago

No, love conquers all and it's always the little things that count. Money can't buy love or happiness.

Crystal Redger - 37yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Absolutely not, spend the day in bed naked & veg out on the TV. U don't need money to do that & it's a lot of fun!!!

Teresa - 43yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

It depends on your live interest’s love language. Some people understand the reception of love through gifts. If this is your love’s receiving language, then the frequency and potentially the monetary value of gifts is important. If it’s not, then acts of kindness or words of affirmation may be more important.

Chrissy - 34yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, because your suppose to be a team, but if it's bills then you both should go in halfers because your building.

Chris - 45yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

It doesn't matter. I think there are other ways you can show someone you love them. Money is just the least of it.

Ezinwanne - 32yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Nope.

Nikki - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No not at all as long as we are happy and have the money to spend on each other

Isaiah - 24yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No love of money could take away my love for my husband.

Katie - 27yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Realistically it does, make sure you don't spend more than you have. That would have been unwise.

Jeremy - 28yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, it's up to each individual. Love doesn't cost a thing; however nothing wrong with showing appreciation for the other person.

Ms. Robinson - 45yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No material things don't matter

Mandie - 37yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

True love money shouldn't be a problem

Phillip - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No true love makes money have no value

Cel - 39yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

of course not!! love trumps money any day!!

Kalee - 24yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, money doesn't matter. It's all about quality time together and the building of memories.

Jade - 37yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Betty - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No... At least it shouldn't! If it matters to your partner, I would seriously re-examine the relationship.

Lisa - 54yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Nope

Angela - 41yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, fuck money.

Amanda - 29yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

michael - 36yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, it's the thought that counts and I prefer anything done or handmade over a cash splurge any day. I'm happier coming home to a cooked meal, than I am going out for dinner somewhere.

Stephanie - 31yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

My partner's willingness or ability to spend money on me isn't important. As long as they are genuine and give from the heart, I'm ok.

Josh - 32yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Theodore - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, money doesn't buy the love either. Nothing really matters when "in love" if money was an,issue I doubt you would be a couple from the start

Michael - 32yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Well being in love at times your going to want to shower your significant other with gifts and what not. I don’t think the amount of money you spend should really matter. I think common sense is best in this situation obviously don’t spend outside your means on random gifts. Something as simple as a surprise coffee for your love can go a long way. Also studying love languages is something my relationship has benefited from. Have a good day all!

Joshua - 32yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Nothing else really seems to matter when you’re in love.

Katherine - 37yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

My partner's willingness or ability to spend money on me isn't important. As long as they are genuine and give from the heart, I'm ok.

Josh - 32yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, but I wouldn’t want either of us to go broke.

Rebekah - 24yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Tracia - 43yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Angel - 29yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Well, unless you have a budget with "love interest" money that's been building up, or you have unlimited resources, you shouldn't be extremely generous. You should live within your means. If a person's love language is recieving gifts, you can get creative and/ or find things on sale.

Tammy - 51yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

"You're". To me, it doesn't. Money doesn't make me love someone any more or less. Time spent together or just a little something he knows I love means more to me. Could be a candy bar or lipgloss.

Tracy - 43yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No if you r truly jn love the best gift from your patnter would be the less money spent anyting that u made a letter dinner movie we it is means it came deom the heart and real thought went into that when just speending money

Alyssa - 31yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Matthew - 36yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Yes it does matter but not in the way you'd think. Research has shown that exesive, expensive gift-giving makes people suspicious (is SO cheating or making up for something else?) and uncomfortable. Of course there are exeptions.

Besides thay a gift to your SO should in the first place be personal and from the heart, not necessarily expensive.

Judith - 37yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No never

Ujaan - 43yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Logan Flore - 37yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No it shouldn't. But unfortunately some people are materialistic and only want the expensive things

Iwan - 33yo - level 36 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Not at all.

Ashley - 31yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Of course. There should always be a budget.

BJ - 45yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No I feel like when your in love with a person that should matter the least.. love is about intangible things. The way they make you feel, how you feel you become as a person with them, are you better with that person, do you contribute to their betterment? If your growing together and building each other money is never an issue

Taylor - 24yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Yes, you should always be mindful of spending habits. It's not about what you buy but how much you spent and is it within means.

Shaniqua - 32yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No I didn’t believe so. I’m not a materialistic person so I would spend more money on my spouse than he would spend on me. I prefer time.

Asia - 22yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, you can't put a price tag on love. The feeling in giving is what matters, not the cost. The idea that the other person put thought and effort thinking of you is priceless. Personally, I just like to surprise my loved one sometimes because he does so much for us. If I see something that reminds me of him, I buy it. A card, a mug, a tool.. I think he is more impressed by the smile on my face than the gift.

Kara - 37yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Absolutely not

Shalee cobb - 31yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

no, it doesn't but only when its that true ride or die .

rachel - 31yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

depends on the person and their financial status

Russell - 33yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

NO

Tory - 26yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

I wish I could say yes Daniel. But, the fact of the matter is that your love wants to feel safe and comforted by you. If you are spending money, you are either entering the zone of becoming overbearing or are inappropriately compensating for something else. Spoiling each other can be fun, but there needs to be a balance and the key to any long lasting relationship is communication. You both need to be willing to open up your feelings and secrets to each other before draining your pocket books (as that can also lead to resentment)... Best of luck Daniel.

Joshua - 36yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Depends on if you are talking about a minimum or a maximum. Definitely don't over spend. Blowing the budget is a bad idea and will ultimately lead to more relationship stress. I also don't think there is a minimum amount of necessary spending. Work with your budget. There are endless inexpensive and free ways to show love

Charlynn - 27yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

no not really

arabella - 21yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No. You both look out for each other

Ben - 33yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No it's the thought that counts

Heather - 25yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No, as long as you don’t bury yourself in debt and cause money problems.

Ron - 53yo - level 31 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

BUNNY - 40yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No

Chris - 45yo - level 41 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Yes and no....yes it does matter...you want to show them how much you care..but then again money can't buy love....

Tammy - 43yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No tbh it doesn’t .. I feel up to giving and so does my partner.

anonymous - 18yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

It matters that you have a fair standard; e.g. one person isn’t spending hundreds while the other is not.

Mia - 39yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No. $ has nothing to do with love!

Alicia - 37yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No. Money should not be used to buy a relationship.

Mike - 53yo - level 44 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No it doesn't. Love has no price😊💯💯

Cynthia - 19yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No!!!

Elizabeth - 22yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No. As long as your both taken care of, everything is fine. As far as extras go, spend what both of you feel is appropriate.

Spencer - 23yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

You shouldn't need to spend lots of money to feel or show love. If you do, there's a problem.

Jessica - 47yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

It shouldn't matter

Erin - 46yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Yes unfortunately no matter how much love you share, the bread winner will have to do there part in order for things to not go bad

Larry - 41yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No... if you love them spoil them rotten

Jennie - 26yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No. Gifts given in LOVE are done with thoughtfulness & good intention.

Stephanie - 39yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Not really. Me and my gf's see all the income as "our money" and usual talk before spending too keep each other in the loop.
But in example, if one person is constantly spending on them selves and never things about the SO then that may be a slight problem.

marquon - 24yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

No it doesnt matter

Zenya - 43yo - level 34 -
Add a comment Send
6 months ago

Money conversations are hard! But at the same time, you kind of have to talk about it at some point.

For me, I'm more than happy to buy my partner gifts, take her out for dinners, and pay for the trip. But at the same time, I have to be realistic about our financial situation, and that I can't afford to pay for everything, at least not yet. Even If I can, my partner wouldn't let me, she is financially independent, has her job and has her source of income. She appreciates the gesture, my good intention, and the fact that I'm happy to spend money to make her happy. But she would get uncomfortable if this goes to the extreme.

So, for me it's about each person's financial situation, and also about the reciprocal give and take.

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: