25 - 550 - 10 months ago

How do you deal with a partner who for health reasons cannot have any kind of physical contact with you, anything from hugs to actual sex?

Lely - 31yo - level 12

Your reaction:

Reactions (25)

10 months ago

I suppose it would depend on how serious the relationship is and how much value you place on intimacy. Obviously we are in relationships for affection, attention, and love but there are also many other facets of a good relationship. So I guess, depending on the situation and what is happening/where it’s going you may want to have a deep discussion with your heart. If it’s somethinf your partner can’t change then you need to decide if this is truly the relationship for you.

Jen - 43yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

You people are funny! My wife has weeks where we are unable to have sex. I love her the same and would never ask for a third party person to “satisfy my needs.” Love is about support your partner. Not supporting yourself.

Chance - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I know everyone have a different ways of seeing things, but at least for me, I know we can always find a way to deal with problems and if you love someone you find the way to make them work.

Alexis - 26yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I would discuss having an open relationship. You have NEEDS that they can't take care of anymore. Difficult conversation for sure, esp for a monogamous couple.

Stephanie - 39yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

If this is a long term issue, I would explore the discussion of having an open, 3rd party partner, join the relationship to fill those physical needs and be open about everything. If it is short term, toys can be effective.

Rene - 45yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I would also discuss having those particular needs met elsewhere. At the very least, just to see how my partner feels about it

Jerrod - 28yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I need physical attention to feel loved but if the relationship has been developed for a while you can find alternatives. I am sure that you can talk to one another about these things and find a solution. Relationships are a sacrifice as well as a journey

Candace - 40yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

That would really be difficult.

Ezinwanne - 32yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Pray.

Courtney - 42yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I can’t think of a health condition that would prevent your partner from hugging you; but, I feel like you have to evaluate where you are in the relationship, as well as how important physical touch and intimacy is to you. If it is of high importance, and you haven’t taken vows, you may have to exercise your right to be happy elsewhere. That may mean an open relationship (if that's an option for you), or it may mean parting ways.

Dari - 33yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I feel unloved because physical touch is one of my love languages.

Tammy - 51yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

It depends on how important those physical contacts to you. If they are so important, why bother staying with them any longer?

Bridel - 20yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Gotta go

Troy - 16yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

There are other ways you can be intimate with each other

Jessica - 43yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

it's hard, then it's all spiritual

Woody - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Be understanding when i have a moment master bait to the thought of what we on h pillow wss

Tiffany - 28yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Challenging

Erin - 46yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Perhaps Trantic Intimacy...

Perla - 26yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Support them as best as possible if being with them feels right and you are capable of handling the situation

Natasha - 37yo - level 40 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

What kind of health reasons that hinder someone from hugging you? This reminds me of the bubble boy movie (not sure if that's the name). Anyways if physical touch is your love language then it would be tough. You weigh your options... Pros and cons and go from there.

Katyna - 27yo - level 7 -
10 months ago

Severe fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis give both nerve and joint pain almost daily where lifting up arms for a hug or just letting yourself get hugged by someone else causes excruciating pain

Lely - 31yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Actually i cannot married her

Siimiii - 19yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I'll put emphasis on other shareable matters.

Jurģis - 33yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

Wouldn't bother me I live them anyways

Andy - 31yo - level 18 -
10 months ago

so how do you deal with it?

Woody - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
10 months ago

I don't

Alexander - 30yo - level 40 -