32 - 567 - 4 months ago

What can you do to bridge the gap of a long distance relationship when moving in together isn’t in the picture for now?

Jen - 43yo - level 30

Your reaction:

Reactions (32)

4 months ago

Here are some things my girlfriend and I do that seem to help:
- we talk on the phone every day during her commute
- we have a set weekly date night
- we send each other selfies so that we are more people than words on a screen
- we try to prioritize video over phone interactions
- we buy each other dinner sometimes using delivery apps
- we read the same books and discuss them
- we make sure to always know when we’re next going to see each other in person
- we send each other the rainbow default emoji in our facebook chat when we’re thinking of each other but don’t have anything specific to say
- we do a monthly relationship check-in to celebrate our successes and discuss how we can improve
-we use this app!

Morgan - 24yo - level 16 -
4 months ago

I love the emoji idea and relationship check in. I am going to incorporate this!

Joanna - 37yo - level 28 -
4 months ago

Lol I was going to list all these answers, but thanks to time zones my girlfriend got here ahead of me 😆 🌈🌈🌈

Devon - 30yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Watch movies together , both members get the same movie at the same time while being connnected (phone, FaceTime, skype) . Another thing to do is sexting. There's a book called modern romance by Aziz Ansari where research has been done and it seems to help. Of coz sexting isn't for everyone due the implications of the relationship turns south.

kitkit929 - 33yo - level 5 -
4 months ago

Skeptical of relationship advice from as comedian

Krystal - 30yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Communicate throughout the day whenever you can and try to see one another as often as you can. Make one another feel appreciated and loved even from a distance.

Zenya - 42yo - level 31 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

I talk with him throughout the day send him messages whenever I think of him I try to do something special. We’ve been sending each other challenges each day. Helps each other get out of our comfort zones as well as do things we’ve been wanting to. Also helps us to see where the other person is in the moment.

Kassandra - 25yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

I have been in a long distance relationship and we survived. We were connected the whole time and did things and learnt skills that would improve our future. Discuss a lot about a bright future and tried to meet whenever possible. It did the trick

Amy - 34yo - level 44 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Call, text, email, video chat as much as possible. Have date nights throw the screen and make time to met in person.

Maddie - 16yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Set a date to move in together. Never leave each other without having the next trip already planned and booked. Not allow a certain amount of time to go without seeing each other. Watch movies together. Send packages to each others. Call whenever you have 5min to talk. Still go out with your friends or colleagues without being stuck to your phone. Talk more on the phone than through text.

Maylis - 21yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Communicate everyday and throughout the day through face time, text, voice calls. Live sexual moments, watch a movie together from a distance. Remind the person that you love and miss them.

John Doe - 40yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

I and my fiancée at the time lived 220 km apart. We could not meet every day and sometimes wrote letters to each other by mail. I still keep them and treasure them. :)

Jurģis - 33yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Me and my girlfriend are long distant and plan on moving in at some time in the near future. Is moving in together not an option at all for you anymore? If moving in together is not a option what so ever you either need to find a compromise or end the relationship if there is not a chance of things moving forward

Brandon - 19yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Communicate throughout the day whenever you can and try to see one another as often as you can. Movies together , watch them at the same.
Create playlists on Spotify that you both can contribute to or make one for the other and put special songs for her.

Robb - 26yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

I started dating my bf then two months later I moved to another states. We tried to not go over a month without seeing each other but it did happen. What definitely help was talking on the phone but not every night, texting during the day definitely every day, watching show on skype sharing screen. When we visited each other we make it memorable and were definitely aware that being long distance will bring some misunderstanding that communication and will be the solution. Express what you feel, sometimes you will feel voiceless and feel weird or bad about stuff, believe if he loves that's not him it's you just talk about it and you will clear a lot, you will fall more in love. Good luck

Madgscherly - 25yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

planning for the next visit always is super helpful to me. We also like to watch the same TV show as it airs or on a schedule so we can talk about it. We talk on the phone every night and tell each other about the day. I love sending him some snail mail every once in a while, it's always a surprise for when it will show up and just makes his day!

Emily - 23yo - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Watch movies together. Do photo scavenger hunt and and compare each other's finds. Create playlists on Spotify that you both can contribute to or make one for the other and put special songs in it for them to hear later.

Kimberly - 27yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Sit on the phone for hours face time watch the same movie then talk about it make a sex movie.
Have games ready to play on your phone ask 1000 questions.

Katie - 27yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Facetime, watch same things, sext, message as much as possible.
Always show an interest in their day, send little packages to each other.
Send appreciation /love messages

Lottie - 25yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Communicate about a date to see each other again, look forward to it, make time for each other.

Ian - 28yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Get on Skype an have a sexy date night with toys and candles. Then have a romantic Skype night with dinner and a movie another night.

Amanda - 29yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Always planning the next visit really helps and gives us something to look forward to. It is important to plan time together whether you are video conferencing or watching a movie together or talking on the phone or texting- it must be time you set aside for each other. Don't forget to have lives of your own where you're at!

Sara - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Talk everyday. Video chat. Plan long weekends together.

Tammy - 51yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Texting... Skyping as much as possible

Ricky - 39yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

We use an app called Marco Polo. It is like FaceTime but, unlike FaceTime, you don’t have to be present at the same time. I can leave messages for my wife and she can leave them for me.

Craig - 48yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Watch the same movie/read the same book so you have something to talk about. Try to FaceTime/Skype a couple of times a week. Communication is super important but don’t overdo it just because it’s long distance. Treat it like a normal relationship as much as possible.

Danielle - 19yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Communication!

Rubix - 37yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Rabb.it is great for streaming movies, TV shows, and videos simultaneously. Chat on webcam/FaceTime if you don't already. Another thing my boyfriend and I do is play co-op video games together while voice chatting. Since we're together in the game trying to figure out a puzzle/make a farm/survive, it almost feels like we're hanging out in person. And sending physical objects like little presents and letters is great if that's in your budget. Maybe gross, but he sends me his t-shirts so I can sleep with them, and I crochet things for him to hold.

Camille - 21yo - level 35 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

FaceTime

Sara - 34yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

One of the things me and my girl started doing was sending mail to each other. We of course sext, masterbate simultaneously on live chat, talk on the phone every night, text occasionally through the day, and visit each other. But I feel so loved and cared about by her when she sends a cheap care package like 5 dollar store chocolate chip pecan cookies with a letter. Or even a letter in general makes me happy. Sometimes I'f she is too busy to get something she needs, I'll order it for her off Amazon. (I have prime). Letters are cheap so even if you're strapped for cash you can send a letter for cheap and they still love it

Nico - 22yo - level 41 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

I think it is doing things for them that/ when you can. This makes them feel appreciated and also gives you a feeling of contentment. Act as if they were there with you. Because sooner or later, they will be.

Josh - 25yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Well, we contact by the whatsaap, have the video calls.. all day we are in touch, with also photos.

Елена - 32yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Create rituals that you can both can do to stay connected.
Use an app to watch the exact same thing in sync together.

Rohm - 49yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

You guys can Skype and watch the same movie at the same time. It's a fun experience!

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
4 months ago

Skype or make sexy videos to send each other

Ronnie - 37yo - level 26 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: