54 - 936 - 11 months ago

How can I express my feelings and ask questions without you flipping out?

Ad - 26yo - level 1

Your reaction:

Reactions (54)

11 months ago

Write them down leave them for me when you leave for work that way I have ample time to analyze your note.

Glenn - 38yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

I know that it's hard for me to deal with your feelings sometimes. I don't mean for it to be. Just keep talking to me. Let me know you love me but that you need to express something. With time I'll get better.

Derek - 34yo - level 20 -
10 months ago

Perfectly said!

Cortney - 36yo - level 26 -
6 months ago

Sad happy after reading that. Nothing I want more too.

Milly - 28yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Do it in the form of a question so I know it's something your thinking and not assuming. State how your feeling about it, concerned, stressed, worried, hurt, ie. ........so i know it's a feeling being expressed so that i can reassure you instead of having to feel like i need to defend myself.

Amanda - 33yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Tell me how you feel, what I could do better and ask questions calmly. In person is best

em - 21yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Try and catch me when I'm not stressed out and we're by our selves. Don't be a smart ass and be since. If I feel you are serious I have no promblem in letting you know anything. I would tell you what ever it is that you want to know just to hear that you love me.

anonymous - 40yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Be sincere and open to how I feel

Hannah - 24yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

By being 100% honest

Jeremy - 47yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write down feelings in a letter. I'll return my thoughts in letter form that way you can get all your feelings out that's also carefully thought out with no inturuptions

Brittany - 29yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Say what you really mean but remember to say what your intention is by asking that question

Cesar - 52yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Stop asking when you're wigged out or we are already fighting

Betty - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write them

Kim Slade - 29yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

State that you want me to listen rather than have me give you my thoughts. Or tell me you need to vent and you're not wanting any input, you just want me to listen until you're done venting.

Alisha - 24yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Right them down and read them calmly when l am paying attention

Natasha - 35yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just sit and talk and tell me or write them down and leave them for me to see and read

Jennifer - 35yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Leave me a note that I can read away from the situation. Give me time to read and reflect

Jason - 33yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Use I statements

Marina - 26yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Our journal

Amanda - 37yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Make sure you are not upset. Then express them and give me time to think about it.

Miguel - 35yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Prepare you for what’s coming

Ari - 35yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

I'm willing to listen always. Sometimes a person just reacts. I've always tried to listen and ponder, and if I am wrong I try to do better... and if I am right I try to be humble and not hold it over.

Terri - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Be Honest and reasonable about what you are saying

Novi - 27yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just ask them

Alejandra - 22yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Try not using cuss words, calling names or acting condescending when you talk.

Melissa - 34yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Share your thoughts with me and tell me how you feel. I'll give my opinion of what you want to know at the same time make you laugh because I love seeing that pretty smile everyday.

Win - level 26 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

You should feel free to voice your issues but also know they may not agree and ask to be able to get your side across and agree to hear them out too so you can come to a mutual conclusion

Angie - 31yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

For Warn them like: before you flip out I would like to say or tell you.. something like that if they are quick to answer anger.

Derick - 43yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Hey Babe,

Can I talk to you about something. Please don’t freak out, I just want to express how I feel about something? How is your mood right now good really good normal bad or very bad?

Issac - 33yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Think before you speak. Don't just react off of instincts. Think before you speak!

Daniel - 31yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Do it calmly and kindly in a moment when we're both relaxed and ready to process together

Sammy - 21yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

In a letter or message would be best

Karen - 22yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just ask or tell me. If its really serious make sure it's in person or on the phone.

Erin - 34yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

I just need you to tell me how you're feeling, explain where you are coming from the best you can. Then ask away and don't try to twist my words around.

Jeremy - 32yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

When we take on the commitment of a relationship it is your responsibility to listen with a opend mind and also take what our better half has to say and listen attentively also respond accurately. We all have our days but, there is no need for anger in the first place when the one we love is trying to express themselves.

Travis - 36yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write it out in a letter so there is no pressure to respond immediately

Beth - 51yo - level 26 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just talk to your partner....

Chad - 39yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

If you feel afraid to express your feelings because your partner will most likely “flip out” I would say take very serious stock of your relationship. Because I’ve been in that situation and didn’t realize it for a LONG time but I was in the most abusive relationship of my life. Never physically harmed. Always psychological. It’s called gaslighting. Please take a very careful look at your relationship. If this is common you are probably in an abusive relationship and you need to get away as soon as you can before it’s too late.

Ellen - 31yo - level 10 -
6 months ago

How did you get away? I’m so frightened about moving out. Yet, so depressed and worn out staying here.

Milly - 28yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

State your only picking at my brain, it's nothing serious, and your looking for feedback more than anything. Reminds me it's a thought in progress.

Fabian - 32yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write it down and let me read it and react internally. I dont want to hurt you with my reaction. Also explaining really helps, I think it's all about how its approached, if you're angry maybe wait until you can say it in a way that I can receive, and we will grow, and learn

Ama - 26yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write it down and let me read it and react internally. I dont want to hurt you with my reaction. Also explaining really helps, I think it's all about how its approaches, if you're angry maybe wait until you can say it in a way that I can receive, and we will grow, and learn

Ama - 26yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Be calm n patience

Samantha - 23yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

It's all in the apprach

Kaila - 33yo - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Tell me upfront It’s only a question and needs honest opinion

anonymous - 34yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just ask

Bobby - 40yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write them down and give to me in morning. This would give me time to think and answer

Ron - 50yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Write down and give to me in the morning. This will give me time to think about and answer.

Ron - 50yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just tell me anyway that you are comfortable with.

Chris - 43yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

By sitting me down and telling me you wanna ask me a serious question, but say it gently & softly, and tell me please don't flip out. Also another tip...DONT...I repeat....DON'T.... CRACK ANY JOKES OR SAY ANYTHING SARCASTIC, that's what sets me off. It makes me feel like you don't care about my feelings.

Renee - 32yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Speak in an honest, kind, empathetic manner that’s respectful and genuine.

Rick - 39yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Just ask me before you get upset

anonymous - 34yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Start with I feel questions and then ask me questions about how I feel.

Melody - 33yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

You don't, u search for the answers yourself elsewhere..

Lisa - 39yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

My feelings aren’t anyone else’s responsibility. If I have a reaction to my partner expressing herself, that’s for me to handle either with her if she has space for it, or on my own/with friends/my therapist. My partner needs to feel safe to share her feelings knowing I can take care of myself!

Lauren - 31yo - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

You cant.

Jo - 32yo - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

If you slowly stroke my cock as you talk to me, itll keep me calm and I'll listen

Ronnie - 37yo - level 26 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: