2 - 91 - 5 months ago

My bf and I were just friends at 1st. Then I grew attracted to him, dumped my bf, and confessed to him. His gf had been egging him on to find a 2nd partner... ME. He'd been worrying over this/its authenticity for the longest, but upon my confession, he felt like letting me get close to him- in secret. Tho, eventually, his gf forced him to break up with her b/c she felt in the way... I was relieved. I'd wanted him for myself, and now I had him... FF 2 years: after 2 breakups and a break, we have dealt w/ a lot of issues AND me bettering myself... and seemed to be well. Yesterday however marked our third break up, and it's b/c HE now feels like HE has to become a better person. Not just b/c he is torn about his morals (w/ the polyamorous beginnings) but b/c he feels he isn't good for me. He wanted to break up and to get therapy just like I've been doing... but... will that be enough to salvage our relationship? We care deeply for each other but... should this be it? We've endured lots...

Maddie - 21yo - level 8

Your reaction:

Reactions (2)

5 months ago

You can care deeply for each other without really loving each other. Maybe you just have to let it run its course till you two figure out what love is for you.

Woody - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
5 months ago

How about you sit down with your partner and discuss it with them, in or out of therapy?

You know eachother better than any of us do, so you should figure it out together. But honestly, at 21 and with how your wrote all that out, it seems immature and like you should part ways and mature a bit (both of you)

Kailey - 22yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send