2 - 79 - 8 months ago

Overall my husband and I have a great relationship, but when it comes to him communicating with me I can get pretty frustrated sometimes. He says he wants to work on being more communicative but I haven’t seen anything change. For example, I ask him a question and I don’t get a direct answer. He often seems distracted by his phone or his own thoughts. Any advice on how I can improve this situation?

Katie - 30yo - level 11

Your reaction:

Reactions (2)

8 months ago

Sometimes when encouraging others to communicate we can unintentionally caused others to feel attacked by our tone, body language and frustration. If he is really wanting to work on communication, suggest couples therapy. A third party observation with a calm and therapeutic approach the situation can be what both of you need to see downfalls in the relationship.

Ben - 32yo - level 44 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I have e this same issue. My husband also thinks I am a mind reader and never can just be straight forward. I just kind of deal with it and remind him as we teach our kids, we use words. No one can know what you are thinking or feeling. I also make it clear that it upsets me and makes me feel unimportant when I am talking and he is on his phone.

Pamela - 30yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send