77 - 528 - 8 months ago

Would you take your partner back if they cheated on you while too drunk to remember it?

Emily - 21yo - level 24

Your reaction:

Reactions (77)

8 months ago

It's a no. If u really can't handle your drink in the first place why would u get so drunk up to that point. Don't let alcohol be an excuse.

Enna - 22yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

NO! My wife and I don't even go out drinking with members of the opposite sex just to keep from being tempted. You have to no your limitations, it's a part of maturation.

Tyrone - 39yo - level 41 -
8 months ago

Can I ask why either of you would worry about being tempted in the first place though?

Woof - 26yo - - level 45 -
8 months ago

Temptation is a part of life. Marriage doesnt erase your eyes or hormones. No one should need a leash but humans are humans.

Tee - 39yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

In theory, I would like to believe that I would give her a second chance. I would first want to find out who she had slept with and what kind of relationship they had to got them to had sex with each other in the first place. If there was a strong emotional development that they both had for each other, I definitely would not see myself taking her back. However, if they had just met and she was somehow coerced into having sex with said person, there's a chance I'll take her back. With that being said, if it were to actually occur, I'm not sure I would be able to forgive my girlfriend. The only way I would know is if it were to actually happen otherwise they are all just what if scenarios that I may or may not follow through.

Solina - 24yo - level 25 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No. A Drunk Man Never Tells No Tales.

Genesis - 22yo - level 40 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No probably not but then again I would cross that bridge when or if it ever happened.

PD - 45yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Yes, because if they're too drink to remember it wasn't really consensual at all.

Marina - 25yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I guess it would depend on how much I love him, and if I could find it in myself to truly forgive him. There’s no point in staying if it will just make the relationship deteriorate. Also, he would have to agree never to get that drunk again. If he is not willing to make changes to prevent me future hurt, then my future is better without him.

Laci - 33yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Depending on the situation details further, yes I would.

anonymous - 22yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Hell no

Chrystal - 40yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Probably not. If they got that don't not to remember it what else are/have they done?

Michael - 32yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I cant say 100% I do believe I would stay with my husband but also dont believe people cheat drunk or not for no reason, there was something making that person not happy in there relationship in the first place and I would want to know what made him do it, what about the relationship wasnt making him happy.

ELIZABETH - 25yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Absolutely not

Gabrielle - 24yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Nope

Shunya - 35yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No, If you kill somebody while you were drunk you still killed somebody. Clearly you shouldn’t drink.

Carl - 33yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Kaitlin - 25yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No I would not it doesn't matter the case or how they were it should never happen in first place and you never set yourself up for any reason to cheat in first place

Angela - 44yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

That's a no

Lara - 42yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Lara - 42yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Mark - 45yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Simmy - 47yo - level 42 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Probably not it's hard to say but she knows her talerince so I don't see her being that drunk, so no

Robert - 34yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No. Drinking lowers your judgement but no matter how drunk somebody gets cheating still comes from a base emotional reaction and shows what kind of person they really are. If somebody is willing to cheat then I see two things; they aren’t committed to the person that they are in a relationship with and second, they aren’t happy/sexually satisfied in their current relationship. Either way, cheating is a sign that the current relationship isn’t good for either person involved and it is likely that both people have part of the blame for the cheating.

Ben - 38yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

LaMarr - 43yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Depends on how long the relationship has been bhai oing on and if any children are involved.

Mike - 41yo - level 39 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Misty - 30yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Man, this is a tricky question because I studied how much drinking can make you become someone else and act insanely. It’s even a cause of reduction of penalty where I live because it literally can transform someone. So... I guess I would take the person back if he agreed to never drink like that again (which, to me, the fact that he already drinks this much is a deal breaker in the first place).

Luiza - 25yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

It seriously depends on a number of things.
1: swlw2lhere a recent fight prior to the cheating?
2: have they cheated on you ior in any other relationship before ?
3: does he/she know the person they are having an affair with?

Kate - 25yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No! It would be hard to trust that person again for me.

anonymous - 23yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I did. Still have to fully trust him again, but we are now in some ways stronger as a couple. We had a rough start to the relationship, and it took a toll on both of us. Long distance really compounded the problems we had. In the end, it’s a matter of whether I think our relationship is worth it or not and I do. I blindly trusted him before...and now I’m fiercely jealous. We’re still working on it, key word being WE. I don’t know what the threshold ‘should’ be, but i was decided to stay.

Louise - 23yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I did. Still have to fully trust him again, but we are now in some ways stronger as a couple. We had a rough start to the relationship, and it took a toll on both of us. Long distance really compounded the problems we had. In the end, it’s a matter of whether I think our relationship is worth it or not and I do. I blindly trusted him before...and now I’m fiercely jealous. We’re still working on it, key word being WE. I don’t know what the threshold ‘should’ be, but i decided to stay.

Louise - 23yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No, you put yourself in the position to cheat

Dj - 20yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Soo Jin - 25yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Yes, sex is only a minor part in a serious relationship and Monogamous relationships are outdated anyway.

Ben - 35yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

"too drink to remember it"?
Oh, honey, did they use that old line on you? 😂 haha. That's a classic. No. He remembers. He definitely remembers. What's more, he actually TREASURES the memory and thinks about it now and then when he's with you and when he's alone. Heck, he might even be thinking about finding that girl again or getting conveniently drunk enough to "forget" all over again. That's a best case scenario. Worst case scenario is he suddenly "remembers" all the details when bragging to his friends.

Sam - 38yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Probably not because even though you were drunk you would never bable to trust them ever again

Chad - 39yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

April - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No, because we are at an age where we should know our limits and avoid situations that would harm us or our family.

Shannon - 42yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Catie - level 2 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No. That is not an excuse to cheat. Know your limits

Julie - 28yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I did

Melissa - 38yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I don't know if she put herself where that's a problem we better not be thinking about being together. This marriage is us vs the world, let's set this fucker ablaze.

Larry - 41yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Absolutely not!

Mel - 33yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Nope

Chris - 41yo - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I don’t know. It depends on the other circumstances at play. So it would be rough, but I don’t have a binary answer here

Daniel - 28yo - level 46 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Fuck no

Barry - 35yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Jason - 46yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Yes I would

A'Drian - 27yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

NO

Izabela - 20yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Man. I'll curse them out for a long time months... before I accept then back

LeVonte - 26yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Probably not. I feel like being drunk is just an excuse.

Rachel - 27yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

Larry - 32yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

My boyfriend did this to me... and I’m debating if it’s something I can do... it depends on the relationship and if the partner is willing to work on themselves to resolve these issues.

Kellyanne - 25yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Probably no as being drunk is not an excuse.

Jurij - 27yo - level 47 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Hell no

Raman - 23yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I would try to give another chance but trust would be hard to regain and the drinking would have to stop

Tasha - 34yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Each situation is different. So long as there is repentance and change I believe there should be a second chance.

Lee - 26yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Absolutely not.

Jason - 41yo - level 38 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No, I won't. I wouldn't even date someone who gets that drunk

Ximena - 22yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Only because I’ve been with my wife a long time and we’ve had and are having an amazing relationship . I would try , and again it would depend on things like how it happened , with who and does she have feelings for said other person. That said you won’t know until it happens and let’s hope nobody ever has to deal with cheating again . I believe if you wanna stray just tell the other person and move with life . In conclusion if I would at all is uncertain but one things for sure , it will never happen twice .

Justin - 36yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

no.

Phi - 19yo - level 39 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

I did and it was a drunk night more like a year of lies

Siouxzie - 45yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

anonymous - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Yes

James - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No.

Lauren - 34yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Totally depends on many factors. Considering our long term marriage and kids I feel I would definitely try with everything I had to keep the relationship with my wife intact. So long as we both agreed to seek help and identify how we arrived in such a place. Had we been only dating then I probably wouldn’t put any effort into it. I’d cut my losses and move on quickly. So the amount of time invested and what’s at stake is important i.e. marriage and kids.

Dave - 39yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

If it only happened once and we discussed and prayed together to re-establish trust, I would take my husband back.

Tee - 39yo - level 6 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Uhh No!!

anonymous - 42yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No

James - 39yo - level 42 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

She practically doesn’t drink and I don’t either, so supposing it was a rare case where she went out and had too much and it came to that, I would be upset but likely would forgive her, I’m not sure she would be able to forgive herself though.

Woof - 26yo - - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No. If he had such alcohol issues he should get help and quit drinking.
My former fiancee had drugs issues. I was aware and helped him as much as I could. But then he just gave up. He cheated on me with a so-called "friend". It broke me to pieces that I'm still trying to put together, after 7 years... But I could never take him back.

Bulma - 37yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No, if he was too drunk to remember it how did he know he cheated? You cheat once you’ll do it again.

Whitnee - 20yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Nawh bro

Rich - 31yo - level 26 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Nope, it was a choice to get vulnerable like that and responsible for her actions just like a person would be responsible for driving while drunk. So that would be the end of the relationship

Raymond - 21yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Yes. I would give her a second chance for that.

Kim - 42yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

No. Trust would be damaged beyond repair. Getting that drunk doesn't excuse being unfaithful. Just my opinion

JEREMY - 42yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

It depends. If it only happened once yes. If they get drunk and cheat regularly no....at that point it's no longer the alcohol doing it. It's them and theyare using the alcohol as an excuse

Melissa - 34yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Personally no, id be worried that it would happen everytime my partner got drunk & when you are drunk apparently you loose your inhibitions....maybe Sex life was lacking, really does depend on that aspect & how open you both are

Jonathan - 39yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: