41 - 675 - 9 months ago

Do your arguments become less frequent and less intense over time?

Jada - 23yo - level 28

Your reaction:

Reactions (41)

9 months ago

They have become less frequent, but the intensity of the fights has dramatically increased, a problem that we are attempting to address currently.

Steven - 36yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

With time you understand little bit more about your partner so definitely you can understand the intentions in much better way even if not, with time there's much more to appreciate about each other than to focus on negativity. So,yes with time when love deepens arguments becomes less frequent.

Shweta - 27yo - level 46 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

U start to understand ur parnter more and u have to choice whether u can live with and accept the lil things that each other do that gets under ur skin and are u going to continue to fight over the things u view different in life...ita easy to fight its love when u bit ur tougue....

Sean - 35yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

It really depends. If you guys both have the attitude that you work on yourselves and try to settle the arguments peacefully, they tend to get better. With my ex-wife, part of the reason we separated was because she constantly insisted that we end our arguments with lets just agree to disagree. That doesnt work in many situations.

Eric - 31yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

No

Evan - 39yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not really

Misty - 30yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes, it just really depends on what is going on and how full the moon is!

Shana - 41yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I guess.

Stephanie - 32yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

No

Robert - 34yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Eventually yes. They got worse before they got better, but we've found tactics to communicate.
I think this app is 1 helpful too.

Adam - 33yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

No not really cause never or hardly ever resolve any of them there for they happen again and when they keep happening over same thing more than once it gets worse for sure

Mike - 38yo - level 34 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes

Romona - 33yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Depends on what the arguement is about

Medina - 33yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes

Nancy Rajaei - 34yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

In the beginning we didn't argue at all but then when we did start because it was so new and unknown to us it felt much more intense than was necessary. Nowadays however we have learnt how to communicate our disagreements with more grace.

Georgina - 24yo - level 40 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes

Eduardo - 28yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not at all

Sarah - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes

Mariam - 19yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I think it gets worse before getting better. We’ve been married 15 years and the arguments are much less frequent but when they happen they are much more intense. There are seasons as another said. Fighting in and of itself isn’t indicative of a bad match but if you can find someone who doesn’t argue with you constantly it’s best to avoid having that problem throughout your marriage because it makes overcoming other issues 10x harder when they come along.

Autumn-Skye - 47yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Personally, we go thru phases like one week were at each others throats and another week we are enjoying each other also depends what's going on in life at the time.

Tiffany - 33yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

The frequency of the arguments is determined by the season of life. Some seasons there is more stress therefore, more arguments. With time however you learn to fight together instead of against one another, and the arguments are much less about who is right and more about how you can move forward together and be stronger as a result. Never let arguments discourage you. We are human and we have differing opinions. Learn to celebrate the differences, and grow as a result.

Jesse - 29yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

With time. We've both been through some things... Apart and together. We've had some intense fights. More may come. However as of now...I think we've hit a point of understanding and patience with each other. First time I've found that.

anonymous - 24yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

We hardly ever argue but how intense they are varies as it all comes down to what we are actually arguing about

Kirsten - 32yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I'm reading a book called Things I Wish I Had Known Before we Got Married
Speaking on this topic is chapter 4.
" once you have accepted the reality of conflicts, you need to discover a healthy plan for processing your conflicts. Such a plan begins with recognizing the need to listen. When most of us have conflicts, we feel the need to talk, but talking without listening leads to arguments. The real need is the need to listen."
Great book so far, we highly recommend!

anonymous - 26yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Less frequent

Mayra - 37yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

With time you understand more about your partner.
With years like my partner & I!
Disagreements, Educational Debate, And Last but not least Unconditional Love.

A'Drian - 27yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Less frequent, but depends how much she wants to fight it's not a pleasure

Larry - 41yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

No. But it depends on the topic. The reason we fight has changed over the years

plf - 59yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes, but there was a period of time when fighting was becoming more frequent and more common. We have finally gotten the intensity in check mostly, but I would be happy if the frequency continued to diminish.

Laci - 33yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Goes up and down. Been together 25+ years now. After the initial honeymoon phase where everything is perfect, arguments start slowly. Each person starts sticking up for their opinions more, being less patient than they should, etc. intensity and frequency go up, then as you progress as a couple, learn how to communicate better, become more selfless, you start solving more and more issues. Pretty soon, the only things you argue about are only big stuff. Never the little stuff. ...and even then, it doesn’t take long before you’ve worked it out.

Michael - 43yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I'd so no

Amber - 32yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes alot

Tasha - 34yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

We have never really been "arguers" to begin with. However, I would say as the years have gone by and we've learned more about each other, we've come to understand certain things about each other and accept them. Rather than being upset about some things, you just realize that is a part of who your partner is and accept them and love them regardless. None of us is perfect!

Lindsay - 35yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Less

Tiffany - 29yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not really

Hannah - 24yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes because arguments are learning experiences

Justin - 31yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Kind of...

Luiza - 25yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

In general speaking they should as you become more familiar and as preferences and insecurities are learned....

Tyrone - 28yo - level 47 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yupp

Pradipta - 19yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Yes

Andrew - 30yo - level 28 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

sometimes. depends on what we're arguing about