QUESTION: With extreme sincerity: There is periods of time where you don't miss your partner at all when you love her?." /> QUESTION: With extreme sincerity: There is periods of time where you don't miss your partner at all when you love her?." />
2 - 161 - 8 months ago

Not missing each other due a busy week of extensive work?.
My partner had a 6 days work trip. When she came back, she was happy to tell me everything about her field research.
Then I told her "I missed you!". She replied with an "aw :) me too!.................well........no, not really... was really busy! from very early to very late, every day! I had no time to think in anything else! :/ sorry about my sincerity". Later she asked me not to feel bad about what she said. I felt really bad. I can't say that I don't remember, think or miss her EVEN A LITTLE every day.
QUESTION: With extreme sincerity: There is periods of time where you don't miss your partner at all when you love her?.

Kevin - 28yo - level 30

Your reaction:

Reactions (2)

2 months ago

I think this depends. Honestly she can’t be thinking about you every second cause she’s got stuff to do! The question is more, when she did think of you or talk to you did she miss you? Or did she prefer being alone? I struggle with this myself being in a long distance relationship I’m so used to being alone and if I let myself get sucked into missing my partner constantly then I’d be miserable. So i don’t have an answer for you really, but thanks for the thought-provoking question. I think there’s nothing wrong with it as long as she doesn’t start to prefer spending time apart to spending time together.

Alanna - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
8 months ago

Hey Kevin,

I can say that my girlfriend and I do have periods of time where we are both very busy and it becomes difficult. In those moments, while we do miss each other overall, i don’t know that we miss each other more than the usual.

If the issue is that she didn’t miss you at all, maybe it’s something for you guys to discuss. Some people aren’t as affectionate, and while I know that’s not how my relationship works, some relationships do.

Have you tried openly discussing this with her and seeing if maybe this was a very busy trip, or if it is a consistent issue? Communication is key. I know I’ve had very anxious times where my girlfriend was concerned that I was worried about deeper issues, mainly things that I had never expressed before.

Getting those deeper issues and concerns, even patterns you recognize from past relationships and addressing them in your current one, can be very helpful if you’re both willing to work on the problems at hand.

As always, I’d advise seeking more help on reddit as well via r/relationships, r/relationshipadvice, r/askwomen and r/askmen.

Mat - 30yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send