31 - 959 - 1 year ago

How quick or how long did it take to say I love you and why?

Jeanetta - 24yo - level 26

Your reaction:

Reactions (31)

1 year ago

When the time is right and everyone is sober

Callie - 27yo - level 46 -
1 year ago

I was drunk and him sober. He said it back, the next day I felt awkward but when I leaving he said it to me. Still together 10 months later

Madgscherly - 26yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I said it pretty quickly.. I knew he was the one and I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.. We were married after 9 months and been married 15 years next month..

Heather - 36yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I remember that we were both fairly quick to say I love you. Of course at 15 and 17 years old you think you are in love in a matter of days. In our case 23 years later we can safely say we were right about it all those years ago.

Leah - 39yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I say it when I feel it. There are no time constraints.

James - 35yo - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I said it pretty quickly.. I knew he was the one and I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life

Heather - 36yo - level 32 -
1 year ago

We’d been friends since we were kids about 11 years old I wished him a happy every birthday since I met him 20 years we went on our first date and it was great we went back to my place and cuddled on the bed and while laying on his chest I told him I’d always loved him, and how amazing being with him finally was, and he told me he thought he’d loved me just as long 💗 so when you feel it say it don’t hold back

Kate - 33yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Think he felt obligated cause I got pregnant. I didnt say it back for almost 4 months as I wasnt sure before

Jessica - 29yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

probably 2 months we talked about love and it's not real until you have spent enogh time to gather to realise it

gary - 49yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

About three month

Ben - 35yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

He told me after a week and I said it back

Siouxzie - 46yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

2 days, but we had known eachother for 8 years prior and already had a solid relationship. We are truly soulmates.

Emily - 28yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I accidentally said it like 5 months in, just because I felt it so often

anonymous - 23yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

When ever I feel it

SAKETH - 25yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

1 month 13 days😍😍

Som - 18yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

My hubby and I were saying I love you probably after a month or so and the reason is simple...we fell in love quickly and easily! Everything about our relationship was just instant. Love at first sight! 10 years later we are stronger than ever!

Chelsea - 35yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

3 weeks or something and I just felt it so I said it

Thomas - 28yo - level 33 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Less than a week I knew I loved you the moment I laid eyes on you

Bart - 39yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I live in the now. I say what I feel and i mean it :) i dont beat around the bush nor do I hold back from the truth :) we exchanged "I love you" within the first month we started dating. We also say it when we feel like saying it ..

Kate - 25yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

It was fast because I did and still do love him hes perfect for me

Valerie - 29yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

About three months. That’s when we met first. We met online and it’s easy online to confuse feelings and sometimes they’re not even true. That’s why we both waited to say it until we met, even though we were both sure of our feelings before that. Add to that the fact that we both thought it would be so much better to say it when actually with the other. And it was. Absolutely perfect.

Tanja - 26yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

About three months. That’s when we met first. We met online and it’s easy online to confuse feelings and sometimes they’re not even true. That’s why we both waited to say it until we met, even though we were both sure of our feelings before that. Add to that the fact that we both thought it would be so much better to say it when actually with the other. *_* And it was. Absolutely perfect.

Tanja - 26yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I think that I'm the more expressive one in our relationship: it took me 4 weeks to say "I love you".

Ellen - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Pretty fast, but our relationship moved fast.

Donald - 38yo - level 35 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

We have been dating for a little more than 2 months, but even when we are exclusive, we are not "official" yet. I have a history of long unhealthy relationships, and before I meet my partner, I was in a break, I needed to be alone to heal and improve myself and my quality of life, and that break was long, a few years.
My partner is younger than me and he ended his most serious and longest relationship a few months before we meet. Neither of us were looking for a relationship, so we try to keep things one step at a time. Also, we both are super bussy with work and studies so we don't have too much time to spend together, but when we do is pure quality time.
I haven't told him that I love him because, even when I do feel love for him, is not as strong as it will be. And I know he is affraid of falling for me, as I am affraid of falling for him too. We are not in a hurry so we take our time.
He has told me that he loves me, at a month and a half of dating, but he was drunk at the phone! We talk about that (I don't drink) and that night his phone was stolen. He was ashamed of his attitude of calling me drunk at 3am, but he said he doesn't remember his confession. I think he was just ashamed and affraid of rejection or falling deeper for me. We resolved the issue talking with honesty about our goals with our current individual lives and our goals with our relationship. It was very healthy.
I don't know when we will say those 3 words to each other, but neither of us are in a hurry. We enjoy our time together and go one step at a time.
Please excuse my English, it is not my native language.

Bulma - 37yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

We waited a long time...almost 4 months. We wanted it to be special and to be sure that it was real! We said it floating in a hot spring in the middle of the night, drinking champagne. So romantic and unforgettable ❤❤

Jennifer - 39yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Depending on how great the connection is it would be at least a day or two if we're completing each other's sentences and eye contacts locked deeply or you can take up to six to eight months depending on how one another felt towards each other but you know when you know you love somebody, especially when you can't wait to be with that person you long for the person every waking moment you wake up thinking about said person

Kyle - 40yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

About a year, waited until she said it first

Roberto Reina - 27yo - level 39 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

A few weeks/months

Nina - 27yo - level 26 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Not very long. Like a month

Denzel - 22yo - level 25 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

A month. We both have been through a lifetime of hurt and were quickly able to establish a bond that made us inseparable. We now love together with our children.

Gina - 40yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

A month

Jennifer - 37yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

Almost a year

Natalie - 23yo - level 10 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: