54 - 903 - 9 months ago

What is your number 1 problem when it comes to communicating? What solution have you tried to solve it? Did it work?

Derrick - 43yo - level 15

Your reaction:

Reactions (54)

9 months ago

I am very straight forward and I used to say things which were very harsh. So I worked upon my emotional side of expression and made it mild, using softer words and polite tone. Yes it worked

Chasul - 30yo - level 25 -
9 months ago

Definitely something super important that I have to definitely continually focus on!

Charlynn - 27yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Misunderstanding what the other meant or not choosing words carefully enough.

Not sure of other solutions beyond trying to be more careful.

Charlynn - 27yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Effectively identifying and verbalizing my feelings in an assertive way before I blow up has been my number 1 communication issue. Through counseling and therapy, I have learned communication skills which I actively practice and continue to practice because it works better when thoughts and feelings are coherently communicated...

*I feel ____ when ____ because_____. I need/want_______.*

princess - 35yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Sometimes, formulating what I really think, rather than saying what I think I ought to say.

Simon - 54yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

It's really hard for me to talk about sex. I have been taking my time to think about the subject alone and things have been a little bit better now but still I have lot to do.

Sara - 27yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I have a problem communicating my emotions when my wife and I talk. We are working on trying to get me to talk about my feelings more. And I feel like it has been working. Just have to talk about them in a non judge mental environment.

Sam - 32yo - level 44 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Anxiety when it comes to talking about tough subjects. We push and encourage each other to be honest and forthright, and always validate each other with love and understanding. It has gotten easier over time.

Chloe - 27yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

#1 problem is Finding and using the correct words. Being sure to be honest, yet respectful

Michael - 30yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Sometimes it's hard to admit your feelings and thoughts and to talk about them because your afraid of your partners reaction

Thomas - 28yo - level 33 -
9 months ago

How have you tried to work through this?

Kriss - 43yo - level 42 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I wish he could be more open, but it takes time for him, so I try to be patient and not push him.
I'm very open and I always tell him how I feel and what I like or dislike. If I feel insecure about something I let him know asap. He has told me he likes that and my respectful aproach to delicate subjects has helped us to resolve every one of them and has make him feel more comfortable to slowly open up to me.

Bulma - 37yo - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Her guilt is the problem and trust I've tried everything and it will never change.

Jeff - 36yo - level 11 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

When I communicate my feelings and nothing changes. Wasted breath.

Virginia - 34yo - level 35 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Picking the time to discuss a problem or it becoming misconstrued through text.

Jenelle - 30yo - level 37 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

The number one problem would be the fact that she feels like it’s unnecessary to tell me where she is going or when she makes plans and there is a sudden change and I’m not notified so I can know where she is. To solve it we have decided as a couple to let each other know what we are doing or what we have going on this week. The solution has worked for the most part there has been a few ups and downs but we are making it

Clarence - 20yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Understanding what each other are really trying to get at. I works if you can break down the walls we have put up

Allan - 37yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Being frustrated with the distance and other complications in our personal lives and getting frustrated with each other over the phone. We resolve it the best we can by saying sorry to each other and making it better when we get together.

Brittney - 29yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Finding the right time and moment. I am trying to realize now or never. I don't no yet if it works. I think so.

Justin - 32yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

She tends to not listen to me when I tell her about my feelings and somehow turns it in to her feelings. I just try not to talk about it anymore.

anonymous - 41yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Using my phone too much. I keep my phone on vibrate. Depending where we are at, I don't keep my phone on me or in eyesight when we are spending time together.

Tyrone - 39yo - level 41 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

He has a hard time opening up about his thoughts /feelings. He worries if it will hurt my feelings.
I've tried reassuring him, and being open and translucent about some sensitive emotions I have. It hasn't worked.

Kriss - 43yo - level 42 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I spend a lot of time convincing her to talk to me about what is bothering her...
When something is bothering me, I try to bring it up as early and quickly as possible

Luis - 26yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not opening up

Kylah Thomas - 21yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I like to handle things head on and he doesn't so I get mad

Kristen - 34yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I struggle with telling him when something bothers me because I’m not sure if it’s something I should just get over or not

Sophie - 23yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not thinking before using my choice of words

Lance - 31yo - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

My biggest problem with communication was the listening part. I had a bag habit of hearing what I want to hear and not truly listening to what was being said. After years of reflection and self evaluation I focus more now on listening without interrupting in repeating what I've heard to confirm that I am comprehending correctly. It has really helped to mature my relationship with my wife and I'm able to properly address her concerns because I have a better understanding.

Larry - 33yo - level 22 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

My emotions but I always try to calm down first but instead of being angry when I start talking I cry 🤣. I prefer to cry instead of being rude.

Madgscherly - 26yo - level 34 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Figuring out how to bring up sensitive subjects without it being taken as an attack. Both of us have a tenancy to be so focused on first being defensive, then beating ourselves up that we miss what the other is really trying to say.

Jared - 33yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Push through and open my mouth.

Tonya - 49yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I can't hear well,and occasionally get lost in the convesation, she hears me fine but doesn't use it to be better. So we both get pissed and stop talking about whatever. We haven'come to a solution yet,but if there's any suggestions we're open to hearing!

Larry - 41yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

How I say things

Scott - 36yo - level 44 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Frustration if I don't feel heard. I try to explain in different ways. Sometimes it works, but not always.

David - 47yo - level 31 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Really understanding and hearing each other out

Pam - 30yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not checking in with you partner on the little things is big one, just asking how your day was or how you feel makes a big difference

Coreyann - 24yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

My problem with communicating is probs time with each other, maybe because we’re both in year 12 at the momment so much school work that’s why our time with each other is not enough anymore, much more worst is we’re really in different places. But we did talk about this problem and as of now we have time for each other so all goods☺️

Nicole Mae - 17yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Being honest about my thoughts and feelings, and trying to share them instead of dismissing them. Dismissing them causes an unhealthy balance in our marriage because then I start believing and acting like she is marginalizing me and doesn't care, when in reality I've caused the situation by not communicating. I'm still trying to work on a good solution, but I think intentionally confirming with her that our marriage is a safe space to express myself (because I know it is, but sometimes I don't feel like it is) would go a long way.

Timothy - 29yo - level 23 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I can’t express my feelings right, and I bottle them and keep thinking about them, making them worse. I try to be now 100% honest and always speak about them

Luiza - 25yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Probably being direct if something said or done hurts my feelings. I tend to beat around the bush. And I don’t always know how to word how or why it hurt my feelings. So my partner and I decided to use a code word. Just Incase something upsets us and we don’t know how to explain it and from there we can work on it together by figuring out the issue and also reassure one another.. Which I feel helps not only with communication but also problem solving. Makes working as a team more comfortable.

Ashlyn - 23yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Her not listening

Brodey - 40yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

My problem with communicating is I feel like my partner thinks I’m inferior to him and I don’t feel as if I am important to him or that he is even interested in anything I have to say unless it has something that has to do with him or will benefit him. I don’t like having to ask him to look at me where I am talking or to put his phone down or not look at the tv

Heather - 45yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I get an attitude whenever we have a problem, and most of the time, I just stop talking about it and what we could do to fix it.

Kim - 19yo - level 1 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Setting limits..sometimes

Jennifer - 30yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Long distance relationship, my only problem is that I can't touch him whenever I want 💔

Nouf - level 12 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

My issue is not making my partner feel heard and following through

anonymous - 29yo - level 27 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Not listening preparing to answer

Bobbie - 42yo - level 31 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Assuming the other person already knows what you want to say

Callie - 27yo - level 46 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Cause- effect communication skills. The way that you communicate can change the way the other person reacts to your comment or request. In my case, I feel I have tried to make clear that if he does it in a nice way, and without being grumpy or with a bad attitude most likely I will be eager to help or change to solve whatever discomfort we would have regarding our relationship. Sometimes is difficult to get there, and change the habit of responding badly could be annoying for the both of us.

Maurice - 34yo - level 4 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I always seem to take critisism too harshly and I get upset over finding a non existent deeper meaning to things. Causes fights from misunderstanding what my partner means. I'm trying to work on expressing how things makes me feel in a calmer more eloquent manner and it does okay sometimes, but my partner has a hard time understanding why certain things make me feel certain ways I suppose.

Destiny - 19yo - level 3 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I try not to have conflicts. When I try and communicate any issues my wife seems to take things to heart and we end up arguing. So I hold it in. I have tried thinking of different ways to bring up.

Frankie - 39yo - level 24 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I try to avoid conflict, but it’s best to rip off the bandaid and communicate softly. Agree to not yell and agree to time outs if it can’t get resolved.

Cilla - 31yo - level 43 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

He doesn’t want to talk about anything that may be bad even if that’s money or anything that has happened that needs to be talked about, and I have a problem with pushing because my anxiety and I always just assume the worst when he can’t or should I say won’t talk

Heather - 36yo - level 32 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

I overanalyze everything and get mad very easily. I try to ask questions to make sure I'm taking it the right way. Helps some. But I guess can be frustrating as well.

Tara - 33yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Its important to listen to understand and to speak to be understood and sometimes we loose sight of that.

Rai - 35yo - level 9 -
Add a comment Send
9 months ago

Reading his responses. I’m very expressive but he’s not. He’s very flat and sometimes does not want to cause waves and will let things go. We tried a communications book but it didn’t really help. Now we just try to be as transparent as possible and whenever I question a reaction or behavior I will ask him to validate it. He does the same for me. It seems to help. Sometimes it’s difficult but we make adjustments for those we love. I’d not even put forth the energy if I didn’t love him.

Jen - 43yo - level 30 -
Add a comment Send

Your reaction: