3 - 123 - 1 year ago

To what extent should your spouse have friends of the opposite sex

Norm - 42yo - in a relationship for 11 years - Married - Defiance Ohio, United States - level 44

Your reaction:

Reactions (3)

1 year ago

If this is even a concern to anyone in a relationship then I would say that trust is the issue and not the social habits of their partner.

Personally, I tend to always have more female friends than I do male and it is not a conscious choice on my part. Assuming it’s not simple coincidence, then my best guess is that I blend better with typical female personality traits as opposed to male ones, though that’s not to say that I have ever noticed a difference in the way I am around guys and girls I have been friends with, though that could be because my male friends were similar in that regard.

Woof - 26yo - - level 46 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

I agree with Woof, the issue is less about the friends and more about the trust and communication in the relationship. Also, heteronormativity doesn't account for a lot of things! If you trust your partner not to break any agreements you've made about intimacy outside of your relationship, who they're friends with doesn't matter unless those friends are harmful influences.

Lucy - 22yo - level 36 -
Add a comment Send
1 year ago

To the extent that they are friends and NOTHING ELSE it shouldn’t matter what sex they are as long as they aren’t havent sex

anonymous - level 2 -
Add a comment Send