556 - 3301 - 11 months ago

Should saying 'I love you' be a daily thing, or for special occasions only?

Tamara - 26yo - level 33

Your reaction:

Reactions (556)

11 months ago

Always. Whenever you feel it. Whenever you feel that this person makes you happy, you feel lucky, you feel loved, you look in their eyes and just feel this calm inside you, you say you love them. It doesn't specifically has to be these 3 words only. It can be said in a lot of ways.

Sunidhi - 25yo - level 14 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

It's not about it being a daily quota. It's about saying "I love you" when you like it. Saying "I love you" to the person your in love with should be as effortless as breathing. In a case of true love you probably will say it everyday but that's the exception not the rule.

Xander - 26yo - level 19 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Daily. Some people need constant reminders that they're loved. Even if it's a few words.

Joshua - 21yo - level 8 -
11 months ago

you sir are a god

Christy - 23yo - level 29 -
11 months ago

some people especially with low self esteem. like me. I totally agree

Christy - 23yo - level 29 -
11 months ago

^^^ I agree, I have major anxiety and self esteem problems. she knows this so saying I love you every day is almost essential

Nico - 22yo - level 41 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

You should say "I love you" on a daily basis. Some may say that too many times per day makes it lose effect. I say those people haven't loved someone enough then.

Ryohei - level 9 -
11 months ago

The words losing their effect does not imply that the feeling somehow also dissipates(?)

Woof - 26yo - - level 45 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

It should never be a chore or something you try to work into the daily conversation. Say it when you're feeling it, not as a get out of trouble solution. Saying it with context will also give your partner an idea of where your mind is at and won't degrade the weight of the phrase over time.

Justin - 23yo - level 34 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

'I love you' can be 'said' in different ways, words are not always needed. ❤️

Kristien - 35yo - level 16 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

I think it depends on how important is saying "I love you" to you and your partner in the relationship, and how much reassurance you and your partner need in the relationship.

Heng - level 8 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Daily heartfelt reminders of affection solidify the recipients belief of that affection.

Kollin - 37yo - level 5 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

You should tell everyone you love that you love them as often as possible, you never know when it will be your last chance to do so

Alandra - 40yo - level 41 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

As often as its felt

Ryan - 26yo - level 48 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Always. Otherwise the other person might stop feeling loved.

anonymous - 18yo - level 17 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Daily, it won’t lose its meaning just because you say it more often and you shouldn’t need a special occasion to remind you that you love them. If they’re having a bad day, you saying “I love you” could make it so much bettter and bring a smile to their face.

Tierney - 22yo - level 7 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Special occasions or only when you're really feeling it.
Because saying it regularly, like after every phone call📞❣️🤷🏻‍♀️
turns it an automatically response like 👨🏻‍🔧"how are you?"👩🏻‍🔧 "fine"
Instead of special emotion

Crystal - 41yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

It should be said everyday through-out the day.

Jared - 17yo - level 13 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Whenever it feel right or you want to remind the person that you love them. Sometimes people get too busy and forget those simple words but they can make someone else's day a lot better.

Kathi - 20yo - level 18 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Daily, express love for one another in a meaningful way by saying I love you and meaning it in the depths of your heart. Each other needs to know they are cared for and mean the world to the other.

James - 36yo - level 21 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

It doesn't have to be daily nor special occasion. Saying I love you is a when you feel like it thing

Nikki - 36yo - level 15 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Daily. It is important to hear regularly even if you know, the affirmation matters.

Jared - 33yo - level 20 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

daily before bed time

Grzesiek - 31yo - level 29 -
Add a comment Send
11 months ago

Every day, sincerely, because you don't know when is the last time you will say it.

Jay Edison - 26yo - level 47 -